Cloud Support Engineer (£35k + On Call + Training Programme)
To support the growth of our organisation we are looking to expand our Cloud Operations team, providing support to a range of customers running on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
If you have a minimum of 3 years technical experience, are a great communicator and have a passion for Cloud Computing then this is the opportunity to develop your career.
What will Ubertas offer you?
- Training in cloud computing concepts and Amazon Web Services technologies with the expectation of you becoming an accredited solutions architect (AWS Professional Solutions Architect).
- Experience of applying your technical and customer communication skills in a variety of circumstances, supporting a number of varied infrastructures.
- The opportunity to work a learn from experienced AWS solutions architects designing and implementing cloud platforms at scale;
- The opportunity to work with several clients across a variety of technologies implemented on AWS;
- The opportunity of joining an established Cloud business with an exciting future who hire only the best talent;
- A company that will help you grow and further develop, and is a fun place to work;
- A competitive salary, and the opportunity to realise your potential as we continue to grow our business.
What will you do?
- Support secure, scalable and highly available environments designed through a range of AWS technologies and deployed through modern devops tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Packer.
- Utilise log management and monitoring systems using Cloudwatch, Elasticsearch.
- Contribute to and utilise the Open Source community.
What you need to have?
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in technical role.
- Be competent in a scripting language, Python, Bash, Go, Ruby.
- Working knowledge of Source Control Management tools – Git – GitHub/GitLab
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code principles and tools – e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and tools – e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Have an understanding of AWS and fundamental Cloud concepts
- Previous experience in a system admin role preferable, Linux or Windows.
- Adept at problem solving;
- A good sense of humour, total integrity and empathy with both fellow employees and clients;
- Great communications skills, and be authentic and decisive;
- Degree 2:1 or above.
Interested in working at Ubertas Consulting?